– Description: find the maximum added weight you can use to do a 5″ finger hang on an edge with the size indicated in the ‘Depth mm’ text box.
– Considerations: this test is similar to the second one of the previous session (maximum weight for a 5″ finger hang). The result of the latter serves as reference for this one, and appears, adjusted to your current body weight, on the ‘Weight kg’ text box.
Adjust the edge to the indicated size and prepare a set of plates equivalent to the indicated weight, then tap on play to enter the Timer screen. In this test, we also suggest you to activate the manual mode instead of the automatic to make easier doing a controlled start of the hang. In this mode, after tapping on play, you’ll have a previous 5″ countdown to prepare yourself. Regardless of which mode you choose, try to follow these indications:
- carefully place the 4 fingers of each hand to make them touch the back of the edge (in automatic mode do not press down, even slightly, to avoid a false start),
- choose the grip position, between an open crimp and a half crimp, you feel the most comfortable with,
- raise both feet at the time you hang on the edge, a good coordination here is important,
- while you hang, always keep still and maintain a good body posture.
If you don’t reach muscle failure precisely at second 5, rest for 3′. Meanwhile, adjust the weight for the next repetition according to your sensations, by adding or subtracting plates. Ideally, with this adjustment you should already be setting the weight that this test is meant to find. When this is achieved tap on ‘End’ and then, on the ‘kg’ text box next to the grip image, enter its value. Tap on save to export the result and exit the Timer. On the self-test screen tap on checkmark to save the result. Alternatively, before saving it, you can modify its value by tapping on its text box to set it manually.
Rest for at least 5′ before proceeding to the next test.