– Description: find the maximum time you can achieve doing a finger hang to the point of muscle failure on an edge with the size indicated in the ‘Depth mm’ text box, and using the weight indicated in the ‘Weight kg’ text box.
– Considerations: Adjust the edge to the indicated size and prepare a set of plates equivalent to the weight shown in the ‘Weight kg’ text box. Take into account that a minus sign (-) means that you should use the cord and the pulley provided with the R-Evolution Board to use the plates as a counterweight to your own body weight. Tap on play to enter the Timer screen. On automatic mode (default and recommended option) the chrono will start when you hang on the board and stop when you release it. If you switch to the manual mode, you’ll have to manually start the chrono (by tapping on play) and stop it (by tapping on download), beeing careful to observe and remember the displayed time at the precise moment you release the grip. Regardless of which mode you choose, try to follow these indications:
- carefully place the 4 fingers of each hand to make them touch the back of the edge (in automatic mode do not press down, even slightly, to avoid a false start),
- choose the grip position, between an open crimp and a half crimp, you feel the most comfortable with,
- raise both feet at the time you hang on the edge, a good coordination here is important,
- while you hang, always keep still and maintain a good body posture, and hold on until you reach the point of muscle failure,
- try to do the test right on the first go to avoid having to repeat it and accumulating unnecessary fatigue.
Once done, tap on save to export the result and exit the Timer. On the self-test screen tap on checkmark to save it. Alternatively, before saving it, you can modify its value by tapping on its text box to set it manually.
Rest for at least 10 times the duration of the test, with a minimum of 5′, before proceeding to the next one, or before doing a new repetition.